One of Sydney’s most iconic live music venues is about to receive a visit from ‘pop music royalty’ – and it’ll be the 15th time he has played there. Welcome back Elton John!
The Hordern Pavilion has a truly amazing history and has seen some of the world’s best musicians and bands play there since 1972. One man that has had a long love affair with the venue is Elton John:
“I thought that since we are closing the Entertainment Centre in Sydney, it would be only right to add the Hordern Pavilion to the 2015 December schedule. This is another piece of my long history with Sydney, the Hordern was our original ‘go to gig’. I have played there so many times over the years, before the Sydney Entertainment Centre was around, and I can’t wait to return” – Elton John
Did you know?
- His full name is Sir Elton Hercules John, CBE (he was born Reginald Kenneth Dwight, but changed his name to Elton John in 1967)
- He has sold more than 250 million records worldwide, and holds the record for the biggest selling single of all time (Candle In The Wind, over 33 million copies sold!)
- His first single was released in 1969 – and has played more than 3,500 concerts in over 80 countries
- He was the first popular Western singer to perform in the USSR, 1979
- He was Chairman of Watford Football Club (1976-1990) and is an Honorary Life President (since 1990)
While many of us would claim to know Elton John reasonably well, what is amazing is being reminded of the sheer number of iconic songs he has recorded – see list of singles here.
And here’s just a taste of Elton live…
Concert and ticket sales
The concert is 17 December 2015. Tickets are now on sale, and will be sure to sell out. Tickets are now on sale.