Sydney is wet at the moment, but almost 50 years ago it tumbled down so much that Centennial Park was completely flooded in many low-lying areas.
Here’s two photos on Parkes Drive in Centennial Park during that downpour…
Want some activity ideas for when it’s raining in Sydney?
Well why not try these activities across Centennial Parklands:
- Monkey Mania – Sydney’s best indoor play centre!
- Remember Ten Pin Bowling – well head to the all modern and funky Strike Bowling!
- What about a Plaster Painting Studios!
- Head indoors and catch a comedy show at The Comedy Store!
- Or what about some great local or international art-house cinema at Cinema Paris!
- Rain doesn’t mean no golf – try out our all-weather driving range at Moore Park Golf!
- Nothing better than sitting back for a long lunch and watching the rain fall across the Parklands from Centennial Park Cafe or Queens Park Shed!
Or, alternately, for the more adventurous out there…there is always this option:
Don’t let it be said we haven’t given you options!
You might be surprised to learn that the Parklands has its own honey made by bees who live on site! Each batch is raw, unheated and uniquely flavoured by the various native and exotic flowers across Centennial Parklands. As we welcome the cool change of season, there’s no better time to try a little of the sweet local nectar! Chech […]
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Centennial Parklands. Every year, hundreds of volunteers work more than 10,000 hours across 24 programs at the Parklands, and without them our wonderful green space simply wouldn’t be the same! This week is National Volunteer Week (8 – 14 May 2017) and we are celebrating all of our great volunteer contributions with a close look […]
One of the best ways to get some exercise is undoubtedly with a walk or a run in Centennial Parklands. Perhaps one of the Sydney’s most iconic and best-loved walking and running tracks is the 3.5 kilometre loop that follows Centennial Park’s Grand Drive, but there are a few more – shorter and longer – that […]
Physical inactivity is something we often read about, but most of us don’t do much more than mentally commit ourselves to “doing something about it someday” and then we move on.
eNEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTIONBecome an insider - get all the latest news, events and updates first with Centennial Parklands eNewsletter.
20 March 2017
23 January 2017
05 December 2016