Sydney is wet at the moment, but almost 50 years ago it tumbled down so much that Centennial Park was completely flooded in many low-lying areas.
Here’s two photos on Parkes Drive in Centennial Park during that downpour…
Want some activity ideas for when it’s raining in Sydney?
Well why not try these activities across Centennial Parklands:
- Monkey Mania – Sydney’s best indoor play centre!
- Remember Ten Pin Bowling – well head to the all modern and funky Strike Bowling!
- What about a Plaster Painting Studios!
- Head indoors and catch a comedy show at The Comedy Store!
- Or what about some great local or international art-house cinema at Cinema Paris!
- Rain doesn’t mean no golf – try out our all-weather driving range at Moore Park Golf!
- Nothing better than sitting back for a long lunch and watching the rain fall across the Parklands from Centennial Park Cafe or Queens Park Shed!
Or, alternately, for the more adventurous out there…there is always this option:
Don’t let it be said we haven’t given you options!
Most Sydneysiders have fond memories of weekends spent in Centennial Park and many of them still visit this space today to relax, stay active or be entertained. The Park is one of the most diverse public parklands in Australia and our newest safety campaign, Share the Park, reminds us that we all play a role to […]
Need help buying for someone who already has everything? Or how about the person who likes local, unique and sustainable gifts? Try wrapping up one of Centennial Parklands’ gifts that will definitely resonate with the nature lovers in your life. #1 Gift a new outdoor experience Park Rides around the dedicated horse track in Centennial […]
You might be surprised to learn that the Parklands has its own honey made by bees who live on site! Each batch is raw, unheated and uniquely flavoured by the various native and exotic flowers across Centennial Parklands. As we welcome the cool change of season, there’s no better time to try a little of the sweet local nectar! Chech […]
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Centennial Parklands. Every year, hundreds of volunteers work more than 10,000 hours across 24 programs at the Parklands, and without them our wonderful green space simply wouldn’t be the same! This week is National Volunteer Week (8 – 14 May 2017) and we are celebrating all of our great volunteer contributions with a close look […]
eNEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTIONBecome an insider - get all the latest news, events and updates first with Centennial Parklands eNewsletter.
20 March 2017
23 January 2017
05 December 2016