Sydney’s favourite free outdoor science event, Science in the Swamp, returns to Centennial Parklands on 12 August 2017 and the line-up is bigger and better than ever. Old favourites like the giant roaming dinosaur will be back to join exciting new additions like the Tesla electric car team, guaranteeing tonnes of fun and discovery for all ages.
Science in the Swamp has been surprising and amazing visitors to Centennial Park every National Science Week since 2013 with an ever-changing mix of educational and entertaining science experiences and activities.
2017 highlights include
- Roaming life size Australovenator dinosaur
- Shark in a bus – a maritime museum on wheels
- Food vans including pizza and gozleme
- Frog and tadpole display
- Venomous snake show
- Tony the Carp Whisperer
- Australian Wildlife Display
- The Science of Breadmaking
- University of NSW hands-on science tent
- Tesla electric car
- Aboriginal Science
- Tree art and science activities
- Science stage shows and environmental theatre with the “King and Queen of Green”
Science in the Swamp is supported by the Australian Government’s Inspiring Australia program.
- Date: Saturday 12 August 2017
- Time: 11.00 am to 3.00 pm
- Meeting Point/Venue: Education Precinct off Dickens Drive, Centennial Park
Large crowds are expected again this year, so it is recommended visitors plan ahead and consider public transport to avoid traffic and parking delays.
Here are some of the pics from last year to get you excited because we certainly are!
And don’t miss your chance to meeting life-sized roving dinosaur, the Australovenator!
To find out more visit our Event page here. See you on Saturday!